Whatever we think about, and thank about, we bring about!

Search This Blog

Thursday, July 7, 2016

I need your help!

https://www.gofundme.com/NDSearthkeepers

I am reaching out to all of my wonderful customer friends. As many of you know, I have been working with homeless, educationally disadvantaged and at-risk kids for many years, employing the teachings of gratitude, service, connection to the web of life and its/our healing of which you all are very familiar.

We know that children need to practice caring for others and expressing gratitude for those who care for them and contribute to others’ lives. Studies show that people who are in the habit of expressing gratitude are more likely to be helpful, generous, compassionate, and forgiving—and they’re also more likely to be happy and healthy. 

I have been given a unique opportunity - that is to open "The Earthkeepers Enrichment Center" within the walls of an elementary school in New Hampshire. I am so close to making this happen. Your support means so much to me. This can be a model for the future of mainstream enrichment for kids around the globe.

We don’t make children happy when we simply enable them to be receivers of kindness. We escalate their feelings of happiness, improve their well-being, reduce bullying, enrich their friendships, and build peace by teaching them to be givers of kindness. We can bring about a more peaceful, kind and healthy world for us all by making this enrichment program as mainstream as art, music and physical education in our schools.

If you’ve helped spread the word about my project to potential supporters, thank you! If you haven’t, please consider forwarding my campaign link to others and sharing my campaign with your friends on Facebook. If you can make a financial contribution, I thank you with all my heart and soul.

Learning to be caring is like learning to play a sport or an instrument. Daily repetition makes caring - for the Earth and for each other - second nature. Learning gratitude similarly involves regularly practicing it. There's no better place than right at school! Let's do this!

Here’s the link to the campaign: https://www.gofundme.com/NDSearthkeepers


Thank you so much!
In love and peace,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment