Whatever we think about, and thank about, we bring about!

Search This Blog

Monday, June 8, 2009

Swinging both ways

You know. I know. And denial is not de river in Eqypt.

It is human nature to have hope, give the benefit of the doubt, and believe that change is just around the corner. But the best predictor of the future... behavior, trending, and events... is the past, and what is the definition of insanity? Oh, right...

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting it to come out different."

Thank you Ben Franklin.

OK, so I'm guilty of hoping some things might turn out differently than the current trends portend. I've seen more than a few people I care about hurt emotionally and financially with a cavalier shrug of integrity and ethics. I'm hoping shrugging will give way to hugging and harmony might be restored. With kindness and compassion. Oshun? Are you there?

And, although it is wise to believe people when they show you who they are the first time, I'm big on second chances. Third. But three's the charm. I get out the pendulum, and take a look.

How does a pendulum work? See for yourself! All you really need is a string with a fishing weight attached, or a pocket watch, or a pendant on a chain. Anything with a long chain or string and weight attached will work. Of course, I have a box full of pendulums– metals, crystals, carved bone, one spellbound, and many priestess blessed. Each has their special place in my heart.

I like the gemstone energies for additional oomph, but I tend to go with the carved Kwan Yin Yak bone more often than not, as I believe compassion always has its place in a truth-telling. Because copper is a great energy conductor, I find its always a good choice when I'm conflicted and might not really want accept and act appropriately for reasons that usually involve our friend denial, de inconvenient truth.

A pendulum works by reacting to our subconscious mind. For us to see the conscious effect of the pendulum we must be aware of the slight muscle contractions in our arm, when we ask our question. The pendulum can be a very accurate tool to determine our subconscious desires over our conscious desires. Eventually, as we become more and more aware of our subconscious thoughts we will find that the pendulum answers what we already know.

What we already know.

May you be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment