Whatever we think about, and thank about, we bring about!

Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The gift of being present


It has been said time and time again that some of the best things in life are free. I couldn't agree more. After all, how much does a kind word, a warm embrace, a pleasant smile, or a simple "thank you" cost to give? Not a penny, although they are indeed priceless gifts.

And, acts of kindness and gratitude are endless gifts that keep on giving...

I know that in my own life, I make an effort to communicate appreciation, happiness, kindness, and gratitude whenever I can. I try to function within the awareness that it is my responsibilty to convey an acknowledgement of the gift that every interaction – with everyone I am privileged to meet – presents to me each and every day. I try to be truly present, open, and enthusiastic. As this has become my habit, I have discovered some amazing revelations taking place in my life. Each day is even better than the day before, as my life takes on a heightened sense of direction, meaning, purpose, and unwavering support.

I love spending time around people who maintain an ever present upbeat approach to life. Earth Angels who believe in themselves and others. Those who trust that the Universe is unfolding as it should. These wide eyed optimists, who routinely greet me with a cheerful hello and a lingering touch, brighten my day and the day of everyone they meet. When you ask them how they're doing, they'll quickly tell you "just fabulous, awesome!"

You believe them because you simply have no choice.

They say it with such enthusiasm and excitement, their zest and zeal for living drawing you in like a powerful magnet, that you suddenly start feeling better yourself. Then, before you know it, you've been swept up into their euphoric state of being. Just being in the same room with people who love life this much is a special privilege indeed. And a healing. And a catalyst.

These luminous individuals, who bring happiness to the world around them, are truly precious gifts from God.

Marcel Proust said, "Let's be grateful for those who give us happiness; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls bloom."

Simply stated, by making us feel better about ourselves, our lives and those around us, they make our world a better place. They give the gift of presence!

So, it's Tuesday again, the perfect day to decide right now to become that shining beacon of hope, happiness and all good things for those around you! By regularly showing others how much they mean to you and that their efforts are truly appreciated, you can start making the world a better place one person at a time. I think that deepest desire in human nature is the craving to be appreciated. When you let someone know that you appreciate them, you offer that individual the best gift you could ever give.

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing: It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well."
– Voltaire

You'll begin enjoying more happiness, fulfillment and tranquility than you ever dreamed was possible as the life you've always imagined comes to life right before your eyes. As you continue to give more and more of yourself to others, more and more good fortune will find its way into your life. Guaranteed. It's just the way it is.

What goes around most certainly comes around as well. The Universe is unfolding as it should.

May you be blessed!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this post...this week gave out and got some much needed hugs! Grateful to those that did so without expecting it.

    ReplyDelete