Whatever we think about, and thank about, we bring about!

Search This Blog

Monday, November 15, 2010

One Good Thing: Yeha-Noha

In the spirit of the season, I've decided to offer One Good Thing each day thru November 30 that might make you smile, lift your Spirit, inspire you to take a new direction, or simply give thanx for the blessings in your life.

This song is a gift in my own life, it transports my heart to a time of pure delight and wonder as my boys learned to catch and clean fish,  plant a garden, and learn to read scat and other secrets of the forest. It reminds me of driving in the car on the way to the lake, and they knew every word of this song (even though they made some of them up) and would listen to it and sing it over and over for an hour a more, "play it again Mom!"  This and the cassettes, "Keepers of the Animals," which are wisdom stories by Joseph Bruchac.

Although I did not know what the words (especially the ones they made up) meant, I did know they stirred something very beautiful in our souls and made a connection for us to something sacred and waiting to be discovered. This one song has the power to bring waves of great joy, and even a happy tear, hearing it again today. It is one good thing. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment