Whatever we think about, and thank about, we bring about!

Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Count your blessings every day this new year!

I am making a resolution to remember to count my blessings each and every day in 2009. A blessing is defined in the dictionary as "anything that gives happiness" and I can certainly find 365 reasons to be happy. One of my happiest days this year was the day my "yardmunk" finally trusted me enough to eat sunflower seeds from my hand. If I talked to you, emailed you, shipped a package to you that day, I told you how blessed I felt to earn the trust of such a sweet and innocent creature! In fact, he has become a wonderful teacher and companion in my life.

Recording our blessings is a way of counting them, but also a way to savor the sweetness of a life lived with gratitude, wonder, and curiosity. Sometimes the simple pleasures are too soon forgotten. Joy is a treasure, and gratitude is our greatest wealth! Here is a simple way to celebrate life's blessings every day.

Make a Blessing Box or a Blessing Bowl! This can actually be any container you choose, a box you make, or purchase, or a glass jar or vase, just make sure it will be large enough to hold a blessing a day for each day of the year. Decorate the container and label it if you like. Set your intention with creativity.

At the end of each day, write down your blessing(s) for the day and the date on a piece of paper and drop it into the container. Say a little prayer of thanx. I'm using a big crystal bowl (to amplify the energy) and using scraps of recycled colorful paper I've been collecting just for this purpose. And, I'm already looking forward to next year at this time when I can relax in front of the fire, read each entry again and relive the miracles that found their way to my open heart one more time.

May you be blessed with abundant joy in the New Year!
Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment