Whatever we think about, and thank about, we bring about!

Search This Blog

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Finding Oshun in a Touchstone Strand of Tachyon Journey Beads

Tachyon Touchstone Strands are a flexible way to enjoy your Journey Beads. They can be held in prayer and meditation, used as a bookmark, or kept in your pocket to touch while you are waiting in line, talking on the telephone, or out walking. But unlike traditional Rosary or Mala Beads, Journey Beads Touchstone Strands are about 8" long. They are designed to discreetly fit in your pocket and palm so you can use them anywhere and in any situation. Touchstone strands are very soothing to the touch, and their energy is lovely, by design!

What follows is not intended to dictate how to pray, but rather is a suggested structure into which you can place your Journey Beads to assist you in creating your own, very personalized prayer, mediation or healing practice. It draws upon the prayer practices of a number of religious and spiritual traditions and seeks to put together a pattern of prayer that you can tailor to your own needs. This practice uses the image of a journey, one form of prayer moving into the next.

Preparation: The first, largest bead provides a way into this prayer journey. While touching it, I gently breathe in and out a few times, recite a passage that centers me and creates a space within for the prayer that is to follow.

In this set, I have chosen a copper washed Murano Glass Tachyon Bead (approx 1.5 x 2 inches) to begin this Touchstone Strand. It is not flat, but slightly curved to please the touch! The Spiral is an ancient and powerful symbol, reflecting this energy known as the oneness, unconditional divine love, and Zero Point energy. The living spiral does not begin or end, it is an ongoing process of the discovery of the essence that connects all things. I relate the spiral to Goddess Energy, the Amber, Carnelian and Copper flow symbolizes Oshun and serves as a beautiful offering.

Entering In: With the four small spiral spacer beads at the beginning of the prayer strand, I enter into this "journey” of prayer. Spacer Beads remind me to breathe, relax, enjoy the moment, and have faith that my journey is unfolding as it should. The spiral is a symbol of the spiritual journey of learning and growing. It seems that life doesn't proceed in a straight line. The path of life more closely resemble a spiral. We seem to pass the same point over and over again but from a different perspective each time. The spiral stands for coming into being.

It can symbolize:

    * Evolution and holistic growth

    * Letting go, surrender, release

    * An awareness of the one within the context of the whole

    * Connectivity and union with universal energies

    * Revolutions of time, stars, planets and the way of natural progress


With each bead I recite (you can assign passages here from any tradition or create your own):

Open my eyes, that I might see your face in everyone I encounter this day, myself included.

Open my ears, that I might hear your voice in whatever forms it takes.

Open my hands, that I might freely give whatever is mine to share.

Open my heart, that I might live and love more fully in you.


I take the time here to be fully intentional about my practice.

Naming: The first Affirmation Bead is for naming the sacred and the holy of your understanding. In traditional prayer terminology, this is praise and thanksgiving. I think of it as naming the places in my life where miracles abound, a chance to "count my blessings,” and a way of beginning my prayer centered in the awareness of the ways in which the holy is happening in my life.

I have chosen black Murano glass beads with copper and white spirals around the bead. These represent the ability to be fully present and grounded, while maintaining the energy of the higher planes.

"I am safe and secure at all times.

I am divinely protected and guided and my way is made smooth and easy.

I am willing to release all my old patterns of fear and insecurity to live with joy and well-being now.

I trust in the process of my life to unfold for my highest good and greatest joy.


I am creating a healthy foundation on which creativity can flourish."


The Three Spiral Spacer Beads: The three small beads between the Affirmation Beads are for "breath prayer.” Many of the world’s religious traditions encourage a short, repetitive prayer tied to the breath. You say one line on the in-breath and a second on the out-breath. Part of the power of a breath prayer is its repetition. Live with it long enough for it to become a part of you.

I repeat, "I am, Oshun"

Knowing: The second Affirmation Bead is for giving voice to the broken, wounded, worried places in your soul. (Traditionally, this is called a prayer of confession.) It is the chance to take a "fearless moral inventory” and to give voice to what lurks in the shadow. Prayer calls on us to be authentic, whole people, and knowing where we are weak and wounded is essential. Here is where deep healing takes root.

Listening: The third Affirmation Bead is for listening to "the voice of quiet stillness” within. This is a chance to sit in the Mystery, gently breathing. (Depending on the tradition, this is called meditation or contemplation.) Far too often, people think of prayer as "talking to the sacred,” forgetting that in any good conversation we must make room to listen as well as speak.

Loving: The fourth and last Affirmation Bead provides a place to bring the concerns of others—family, friends, communities, the world—into your prayer. These prayers of intercession, as they are traditionally called, are a chance to encourage your prayer to move outward. Call to mind people and situations you know who are in need, or sit quietly and see who (or what) comes to mind.

Closing: Whatever I said to enter into my prayer time, I repeat with the four beads at the end of the strand.

Putting It All Together: I carry my beads with me everywhere, and I find that simply touching them brings me into a prayerful, powerful place where I can love and be love in any situation.

I'd love to help you create a set especially for you! We can work with colors and affirmations to assist you or someone you love on the journey to health, happiness, and fulfillment. Design consultation is free of charge. Please visit Journey Beads at Bonanzle.com http://www.Bonanzle.com/JourneyBeads or email me at suberry@myfairpoint.net.

May you be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment